Saturday, October 17, 2009

Following the U2 Setup

I have been following the U2 Concert in Norman moderately closely. I will be going to it on Sunday. Here is a brief rundown of what I have noticed:

Monday: Asp street near the stadium (northbound) was closed. The football stadium lights were on in the evening.

Tuesday: Around lunch-time a large yellow crane showed up followed by a truck with a large portion of the stage. In addition, forklifts were operating under a large section of the stadium parking garage. I also noticed security surrounded the perimeter of the stadium.

Wednesday: I noticed two 25 foot sections of the stage arrive. I took some pictures of the setup, one of which is below.















Thursday:

The stage set, or "the Claw", was visible of the side of the stadium. Men were working on top of the large monstrosity.

Friday:

The stage set was still visible above the side of the stadium, yet little activity was apparent. The north and south upper decks were covered with plastic.















Saturday:

A large spire, that I had not noticed before, protruded from the claw. Two semis, one apparently
full of stage equipment were blocking the west bound lane of Lindsey. A third an forth semi were heading towards, and away from stadium on Lindsey , respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment